Sunday, July 01, 2007

A Wikipedia Game

Okay, I found this on Knit and Run today. The rules are as follows: Go to Wikipedia, type in your birth month and day.
Then post the folowwing on yer blog.
3 Events
2 Births
1 Holiday
Well, I did so, on a whim (and sleep deprivedness) and came up with the following.
Events
  1. 1056 - Byzantine Empress Theodora dies suddenly without children to succeed the throne, ending the Macedonian dynasty.
  2. 1864 - American Civil War: Union forces led by General William T. Sherman launch an assault on Atlanta, Georgia.
  3. 1997 - Diana, Princess of Wales, dies in a car crash in Paris. (I was in Indonesia for this one).
Births
  1. 12 - Gaius Caligula, Roman Emperor (d. 41)
  2. 161 - Commodus, Roman Emperor (d. 192)
Holiday
St. Aidan of Lindisfarne, patron of firefighters feast day.

In other news, I recieved my swap package from England in the Handspun/Handcraft swap. I love the package! S sent me some lovely handmade jewelry and a journal for my spinning, already in use. She sent a lovely set of shell earrings.

Two other sets of earrings:

And Two lovely bracelets to match:

2 comments:

Carol said...

Holy cow, everyone has much more interesting things happen on their birthdays. I'm switching! Your jewelry is lovely! You made out really good on your swap!

Anonymous said...

finally, I could find your article again. You have few [url=http://tipswift.com]useful tips[/url] for my school project. Now, I won't forget to bookmark it. :)