Sunday, May 20, 2007

New Title

Okay, this is the title I originally wanted to use for my blog, I felt it was more original than the "Yarn Mafia," but I went with Yarn Mafia for some reason. Now that I am doing Sheep to Shawl for Black Sheep Gathering in June, we are going to use "Sinister Spinsters" as our team name, so I decided to change my site to go with the original (and cooler) name. It is rather appropriate since I am over 21, unmarried, a spinner, and quite dastardly when I put my mind to it.







What kind of yarn are you?




You are Shetland Wool. You are a traditional sort who can sometimes be a little on the harsh side. Though you look delicate you are tough as nails and prone to intricacies. Despite your acerbic ways you are widely respected and even revered.
Take this quiz!








Quizilla |
Join

| Make A Quiz | More Quizzes | Grab Code


I just took this quiz, after reading A's newest post on yarns to find out what type of yarn I would be, were I to be yarn. And the result: I quite agree with this. And I adore Shetland Sheep. It's probably more appropriate than A's, seeing as she got Mohair, which she is allergic to. Ironic?

In other news, the swap package I recieved from eatmoreplants last week (the week before?). This is just what I pulled from the box, She managed to get everything somehow attached to the yarn. I was very impressed.

In the next picture we can see the ball of yarn, with some other yarn peeking out.
And further the cute sheepy stationary eatmoreplants sent. Woot, perfect for swap packages.

In all she sent:
  • A drop spindle
  • hand dyed superwash which is currently part of a woven scarf project
  • sheep stationary
  • a notions baggy with spinny pretties
  • nice smelling lotion
  • a pattern for fingerless gloves
  • stitch markers
  • "crafted with love by" patches

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, that didn't quite work, the post ended up being the same colour as the background, hmmm. But if you highlight it, you can still read it.

Carol said...

I saw it just fine!:) That is one nice haul you got there! I like the new name! I have an alter ego too;)

Anonymous said...

I took the yarn quiz and I came out 'Acrylic'... :(

-Kimi

Anonymous said...

Mock mock mock mock mock!!!

~Kimi~

Anonymous said...

Hi. This is really lame, but I'm trying to reach you Sinister Spinsters because I'm looking for spinners, weavers, and knitters who would like to be part of the Artisan's Village at this year's Oregon State Fair in Salem. I'd love to hear from you guys if you have some free time to show off your skills at the end of August!

Info about my group (sponsoring the return of the Village) is here, at the Willamette Art Center site, and you can email me here: artvillage (at) friendsofvisarts.org. And I promise this isn't spam, I'm quite serious. Well, maybe not SERIOUS...how about Sincere?

Cheers, and sorry for the drive-by posting,
Jeanine Renne, from the Friends of the Visual Arts in Salem.