Monday, January 11, 2010

New Hat

Happy New Year to all! In celebration of no longer knitting Christmas presents, I have been designing a couple of hat patterns for the shop where I work. I was inspired by the currently all popular "slouch hat," which several people have come in recently looking for patterns for. As my hair is getting longer, and I am sick of not being able to wear a hat because my hair is up, I decided to make a pattern for myself. The result is my arrow head lace hat. It has too be lace, because, quite honestly, stockinette is too darn boring to bother with. I am quite happy with the results, and the pattern is now available at the knit shop. I am also working on a smaller size now, because this one is a little large on me (I have a small head).


Materials: 2 skeins Rowan Felted Tweed DK
Needles: 16" US 4s and 5s and US 5dpns

Mom was kind enough to take pictures for me, and they turned out really well. As a bonus, I also got pictures of two sweaters I made a year ago and have no pictures of:

The first is the Katherine Hepburn Cardigan from Lace Style out of Tiur from Dalegarn, the second is "Honey" from Elspeth Lavold's patterns made in the Kashmir DK from Louisa Harding. Both were made about a year ago.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: