Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A review of the year

Last year had its ups and downs. I knitted a large amount of the year, but I did not make nearly as many sweaters as last year (probably a good idea for my hands and wrists).

New Year's Resolutions:
  1. Find new job (as a subitem of said list: work on Resume)
  2. Eat healthy and cook more
  3. Make a pretty GFD for 12th night next year (I just ordered the lining)
  4. Read more edifying material than my usual silly Sci-Fi
As a part of my year in review, I thought I would post pictures highlighting my year:





The pictures are:
  1. My first GFD with l putting on my hem at Egil's
  2. My Tudor gown I made for 12th Night in January '09
  3. A shrug I made for my cousin A (she can still wear it, yay!)
  4. A and I at a Regency Ball in my 1st attempt at a Regency costume
  5. My first SCA knitted pouch based on designs from Rutt's History of Handknitting
  6. My second SCA pouch made for the Baroness of Adiantum featuring my own chart (based off of a cross stitch chart) of a bicranial bear
  7. Koolhas by Jared Flood made in Malabrigo Worsted (made in January '09 I think)
  8. Me'n Dad in Maine at the 2009 family reunion
  9. My 3rd SCA pouch made for Brenda in LA as a thank you.
  10. Spinning on the train (at the train station rather) on the way to LA. Hint *If you spin on the train, no one sits next to you...it worked out great.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mirm, I heard you won Adiantum A&S! Congrats!!

Unknown said...

Thanks! I also got a Fern and Quill the same event too. ^_^ (Barony level A & S)

Geek Knitter said...

I remember that shrug! Very pretty!

Unknown said...

You've sure been busy!! Great summary of projects :)