Saturday, August 04, 2012

Poor me, I had to buy the yarn

Well, the title really explains itself in many ways.

So I have been working for Rustling Leaf Press for just over a year now. I have been gradually transitioning away from my old job, The Knit Shop. Currently I am only working one day a month. That means I have no self control where new yarns are concerned.

Today I fell prey to 2. The new Malabrigo yarn, the silkpaca (70% baby alpaca, 30% silk, 420 yds per 50 g) in color "Frank Ochre." OMG I had to have this. And may need more. The problem with this color is that it goes with ALL the other colors on the shelf.

The other was sale yarn, usually my downfall. The Knit Shop is clearing out their stock of Malabrigo Lace (100% baby merino, 470 yds per 50 g). I wound up going home with 2 skeins in "Azul Bolita," although I have renamed the color duc de berry blue. 'cause it is.

And the two of them together, amazing!

No comments: