Saturday, June 02, 2012

Secret, what secret?

The voices have told me that I should blog. And this time, I agree with them. Partly because I can actually talk about things. For the 6 months I have been working on a secret project which has consumed a good portion of my life. That makes it hard to blog. Also, I am horrible at keeping secrets, so it was just better for me to avoid my blog.

I have been working for the wonderful Janel Laidman for the past year as an assistant. Then, about 6 months ago, she said, we should make something big! So came The Sock Report.

And, the big news, I have a pattern in it. I am so excited! And proud of my baby. This pattern is called Suki (I wanted it to be "Jar of Sunflowers," after the Van Gogh painting or "For Amy," from the Van Gogh episode of Dr Who, but I was outvoted).

Suki by Miriam Pike
Yarn: Caricia from Textiles a Mano, fingering weight in "Mostly Moss" and "Sage Leaf"
Main Color - 300 (400) yards
Contrast Color - 200 (250) yards

There are two sizes, the larger size yardage is in parenthesis.

Its fun, starts from a garter tab at the neck and ends with the lace edging and a picot bind-off.

So, yes, the past 6 months have been busy.

3 comments:

Alicia said...

I love your shawl! The eyelets are such a pretty detail, and I actually really like the name "Jar of Sunflowers". Congratulations on The Sock Project!

Emma G. said...

Beautiful! I would have voted for 'Jar of Sunflowers', but hey . . .

I actually heard about Sock Report from Kirsten Kapur and when I saw the issue last Friday I was like: "(gasp) that lady used to help me at The Knit Shop!"

Way to go!

Unknown said...

Thanks for your lovely comments! I am so excited to be able to design more for upcoming issues too.