Monday, April 17, 2006

Easter Break

Well, Easter Break is over and done with, thus no posts for a little while. I forgot my camera, so no pictures from Eugene.
Let' s see, it was a fairly uneventful weekend. I got some new yarn. I can't remember the yarn company off the top of my head, but it is a two ply wool, alpaca, viscose blend. I have 6 skeins of 100 grams of this stuff. I love it. It is a burgandy colour in a tweed. The plan is a lacy shirt.

In any case, last Monday I went to one of the Immigration Reform Protest Rallies, this one in Seattle. It was quite fun, though most of the chants were in Spanish...
As usual, I was the one with the knitting project. Erin had a project, but it was buried in her bag under stuff. In the picture I am working on the Fir Cone shawl, which is getting bigger, I have almost three skeins on it so far, and have two more to go!
While we were there, I don't think I've ever seen so many cops in my life (except when the riot police came out in Peru in Arequippa for the taxi strikes). We saw bicycle cops, we saw car cops, we saw motorcycle cops, we saw foot cops and ones on horses. Well, there were 25.000 people or so there.














In other news, I just made a hat. I started it at about 4 or so, and finished it at 11pm. Woot! A one day hat! I will post a picture once it is all blocked etc.

No comments: