Saturday, April 29, 2006

Soup

Okay, I just made a new soup (for me at least), and I wanted to share with you all (that would be me, as one of the few people who actually read this), the recipee.

Miriam's Curry Potato Soup

Ingredients:
3 cups water
2 potatoes
3 small carrots (or two big ones)
1/2 cup of chopped green beans
1/2 a chopped onion
1 1/2 tablespoons curry powder (to taste)
1 tablespoon chicken bullion
1/4 cup milk
1 tablspn butter

Directions:
Boil water in saucepan. Add chopped potatoes, carrots and green beans. Let simmer for half an hour (or until the potatoes are soft). Mash up potatoes in pot (they do not have to be 100% mashed, chunks are yummy), enough to make the soup creamy. Add onions, milk, butter, curry and bullion. Let cook for 10 minutes and add meat if you would like (I add maybe a quarter of a cup of sliced sausage.). Bon appetit! This serves 1-2 people depending on if you combine this with other dishes.

No comments: